Sunday, March 2, 2008

Technology and Birding

I just received the latest issue of Birder's World, with a very beautiful Blackburnian warbler on its cover. One article explained how to make your own recordings of bird songs. I don't plan to do this, but it was an interesting article nonetheless. The article's author, Laura Erikson, also wrote an article on point-and-shoot digital cameras, which I referred to when I purchased mine. In an article in Birdscope, two radar studies of migration were discussed. This was interesting because the scientists were studying migration in very remote areas: Bering Strait and Sahara Desert.

I should get a new spotting scope one of these days. As with any hobby, in birding, you often feel the desire to "trade up" when new and improved equipment becomes available. At first, I thought "What am I gong to do with an MP3 Player?" Now, I think maybe I can download some bird songs to it.

I hope that this comment suffices for Thing 7.

No comments: