Friday, May 2, 2008

Rainy Day

A rainy day works in favor of my completion of the 23 exercises by Wednesday.

Took a look at the podcast directories and managed to add feeds for two podcasts about nature from Podcast Alley to my Bloglines account, which by the way, I haven't looked at since I created it. I had some difficulties setting up Bloglines and I find all of the feeds overwhelming.

Back to podcasts -- I had no luck to speak of with the Yahoo podcast directory. Many of the podcasts that I clicked on were not recent. One that I had read about, Grammar Girl, had to be done via iTunes or I could have the feed go to my Favorites. I didn't see how to have it go to Bloglines. This is the link to Grammar Girl, in case you want to take a look. She has made quite a name for herself.

I do have some ideas for ways to use podcasting. One of my business presenters once told me that, if he hadn't been presenting, he would never have come to the Library. He would listen to our programs on podcasts, if we made them available in that way. That was how he kept up.

I did not attempt to make an audio post, since I want to stick to the required tasks for now. I do wonder if we might use podcasting with our customers to record some of their experiences. A couple of project ideas -- record experiences of growing up in Hartford or experiences of coming to America.

I might even make a pitch to Pomfret Hysterical Society members to include some kind of Web 2.0 project in their celebration of Pomfret's 300 year anniversary in 2013. As is often the case, lots of big ideas but no $, no time, at least at the moment.

1 comment:

T*K* said...

Hi Webbeagle, I agree with your comment about bloglines and finding all of the feeds overwhelming. Last look at my bloglines feeds total more then 2,380.